Virus scanner not scanning files on samba share

Drenning Bruce bdrenni at catholicrelief.org
Wed Oct 20 17:15:28 GMT 1999

Right now, on our NT servers, I scan the users' directories nightly for
viruses. I've set up samba 2.05a on a linux server (rh 6.1). I've moved a
couple of users over for testing. Everything seems to be working great.
However, I cannot get our virus scanner (Dr Solomon) to scan files on the
samba shares. It recognizes the share, recognizes the files, but reports 0
out of nnn were scanned. Anyone else had a go at something like this?