password is incorrect

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Oct 14 19:35:07 GMT 1999

Back up your smbpasswd (I assume you're using encrypted passwords), then
delete it and make a new one containing the password of the Windows user:

smbpasswd -a whatever

See whether the problem goes away. Not a solution, but it narrows it down.
Then restore your original smbpasswd and do what's necessary. Obviously do
this at a time when other users are not using Samba.

Steve Litt