bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

kenneth topp caught at prodigy.net
Wed Oct 13 20:30:58 GMT 1999

Brian,

If you change from inetd to daemon mode, the smb launched from inetd
will work in daemon mode and persist and conflict.  You most likely had
to smbd's running.  But it works now... another good debugging technique
for machines with lsof is:
         netstat -an | grep LISTEN

the 'n' will take out resolving service names and host names.  The grep
for listen will show you what ports (and on what interfaces) your machine
is listening for tcp connections.

kenneth