WINS replication with MS

Mark Hodge mark at byford.com
Wed Oct 13 16:54:45 GMT 1999

Hi ppl,

Are there any plans to implement WINS replication with MS NT?
Our sister company who are running NT want to replicate with us who are running samba, which
basically means we'll have to install an NT server just for the job.

Also it would be useful when using the 'dns proxy' to be able to specify which domain on the server
is used as the default, i.e. if /etc/resolv.conf contains:

search domain.com sub.domain.com
nameserver 0.0.0.0

then any host not found in the wins database will be looked up in domain.com and then
sub.domain.com.
Rather than reversing these (which is not possible for other reasons) can samba be told which
domain to use?

Thanks,

Mark.