Critital SMBMOUNT Error?

Aaron Gray agray at vsi.com
Mon Oct 4 22:17:19 GMT 1999

I receive this error when trying to use smbmount
from samba 2.0.5a

# smbmount //agro/shiz /shiz
Added interface ip=192.168.1.1 bcast=192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
mount error: No such device
Please refer to the smbmnt(8) manual page
mount failed

WHY do I get this error?

When I run JUST smbmnt (this is ran by smbmount normally) I receive
the message.

# smbmnt
Segmentation fault

If I use the smbmnt that is from the Binary Package for Slackware, then I do
not
get the segfault error, but I still get the "mount error: No such device"
error.

This is a Slackware 4.0 box w/ the updated samba to 2.0.5a
Are my libraries hosed?  What IS causing this?

Please Help!