smb.conf: update encrypted

James Nord nord at cdt.luth.se
Fri Nov 26 23:06:55 GMT 1999

Hi,

I have 2 quick & easy questions - but I failed to find the answer to
both,

1) when was the update encrypted added to smb.conf (will it work in
1.9.18)

2) I no longer have the 1.9.18 sources and need the mksmbpasswd.sh.
reading the docs it seems the smbpasswd file may have changed slightly
(the addidtion of some flags)
is this the case /can i use a mksmbpasswd.sh from 2.x - If not where can
I get a 1.9 version (it is no longer on the ftp)

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams