Office 2000 not working for some users

John Ryan jryan at kgv.edu.hk
Thu Nov 25 02:05:50 GMT 1999

I've just upgraded our FreeBSD 3.3 machine from Samba 2.0.4 to Samba
2.0.6.  This machine validates logins etc and is serving Win98 and Win95
clients.  What's happenned since the upgrade is that each user now has an
"Application Data" folder in their directory.  This is obviously a windows
system folder and seems to have something to do with profiles.

I don't know if that's the cause of the problem, but a lot of users in the
school cannot run Office 2000 applications anymore.  The machine reports
that the product is not fully installed.  It's not the Win98 machine's
fault, because some users can run Office 2000 on these machines.

Regards
John Ryan
Systems Manager
King George V School