HELP: Connections dropping whilst processes increasing.

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Nov 22 12:42:12 GMT 1999

Cliff Green <green at UMDNJ.EDU> wrote:
> We've been experiencing something very similar to Martin Rootes' problem
[...]
> Did anyone ever give an answer for this problem?

	There was a change to 2.0.6 to avoid disconenction
	on certaine kinds of oplock errors: if you have the
	"oplock" break messages in your log, you might
	be suffering from that.

> Very unfortunately, the only way to get rid of those hundreds to thousands
> of extra processes is to restart the server.  An increasingly unacceptable
> solution.

	You might consider setting
		keepalive = <seconds>
	to make samba child smbds check that they are still
	connected to a client...

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   |
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/author.html