share security passwords

Daniel Polombo daniel.polombo at detexis.thomson-csf.com
Wed Nov 17 13:30:00 GMT 1999

Brian Keith Kowolowski wrote:

> this didn't work.  with valid users =     i couldn't connect using the
> password for newgalik.  i can only connect using my own password.
> what am i missing here?

Have you added a 'users = newgalik' field? This field will tell samba which
users to check against the client-provided password. In your case, it
means that each time a password is provided to samba, it will check
whether it is newgalik's password (see the section on username/password
validation in the smb.conf man page, it explains things pretty well).

Regards,

	Daniel