swat and lpstat

LaRoy McCann lmccann at roachconveyors.com
Fri Nov 12 16:55:05 GMT 1999

When I try to access swat with "localhost:901/" I get the following error:

-----
sh: /usr/bin/lpstat: No such file or directory HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization
Required
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="SWAT" Connection: close Content-Type: text/html

401 Authorization Required

You must be authenticated to use this service
--------

The thing I am wondering about is the reference to "/usr/bin/lpstat".  My
linux distribution (Redhat 6.0 and samba 2.0.3) does not have the lpstat
command.

Is this the problem or is it the authentication issue.  I have the swat
lines in services and in inetd.conf.

I searched the archives but found nothing.

Thanks.

LaRoy McCann
Electrical Engineering Manager
Roach Conveyors