PUBLIC SHARES IN SECURITY=USER

Giulio Orsero giulioo at tiscalinet.it
Sat Nov 6 11:40:48 GMT 1999

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999 21:25:04 +1100, hai scritto:

>I use samba2.0.5a in security=user mode and I would like to create
>some public shares - accessible also for clients without valid
>username/password login (for example public printer). I have a valid

If you have a client that:
- can access the share if it uses the right user/pass,
- and cannot acces the public share if it uses the wrong user/pass,
(that is you don't have password-encryption related problems)
the try using

map to guest = bad user

this will map non-existent userid's to the guest user.

Note that on some systems "nobody" is not a valid guest account, try
"ftp".

giulioo at tiscalinet.it