Yet another case preservation question.

Langas, Michael E michael.e.langas at lmco.com
Thu Nov 4 22:37:43 GMT 1999

Hello all,

I'm having a curious case preservation problem.  When I searched
the archives, I found similar questions asked before, but was unable to
find an answer that does the trick.

In my case, I have two samba servers.  The first is still running version
1.9.17p3 the second is using 2.0.5a.  Both servers are on HP-UX 10.20
workstations.

The client software we are having a problem with is Autocad version 14.0
running on an NT4.0 SP5 workstation.

I'm seeing the somewhat common problem of file names being forced to
uppercase.
NOTE:  This is only happening on the 2.0.5a server.
I have checked the "preserve case" and the "short preserve case" parameters.
They
are both set to yes.  As an additional note, other applications such as
ProEngineer
and Notepad seem to avoid this case preservation problem.

Has anyone else figured out what is going on here.  As I have said before,
the problem
has been posted a few times, but I have not seen a resolution.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mike