Redhat 6.1 WEIRDNESS

Gene L Reynolds/GYR/CC01/INEEL/US GYR at inel.gov
Thu Nov 4 16:42:03 GMT 1999

Hi Samb gurues, I have a weird problem with samba on my new 6.1 Linux box.
I cannot connect to any shares with a valid users = someuser,
except>>>>>>>
the user I defined as the same name as my Nt box ..

I.e.  I added a user by the name of gyr.  I have a NT box that I am testing
with,
its name is also gyr .  If I connect to the test share from my Nt box gyr,
it
connects fine. I cannot get any other shares to connect from gyr using a
different user.  Also If I
go to the office next to me another NT box named something else it will
not connect to the gyr/user share.   Weird...............

I have tried using encrypted passwords, and non encrypted changing my Nt
registry
to reflect EnablePlainTexttPassword and so forth.  I have about 15 other
samba boxes
and have used samba quite a bit,  but this one has stumped me. ANY IDEAS
ANYONE
I have ran the testparms checking for syntax everything is fine. NMB looks
good, smb
looks good in all the tests!! , I can connect to any share from any machine
that has
no authentaction I.e. guest ok.
here is what my log.smb file says about it if I try to connect to a share
that has another
user associated with it other than the gyr user

 Got device type A:
[1999/11/04 10:10:11, 2] smbd/service.c:make_connection(268)
  Invalid username/password for erob_wip
[1999/11/04 10:10:11, 3] smbd/error.c:error_packet(138)
  error packet at line 163 cmd=117 (SMBtconX) eclass=2 ecode=2
[1999/11/04 10:10:11, 3] smbd/error.c:error_packet(143)
  error string = No such file or directory