smbmount for solaris

Daniel Beier daniel at chromasphere.com
Tue Nov 2 16:45:33 GMT 1999

While you can't use smbmount (linux only or so) you are left with sharity.
http://www.obdev.at/Products/Sharity.html
There is a Light Version available that might fit your needs.

Platforms  NEXTSTEP 3.x, OPENSTEP/Mach 4.x (i386 andm68k)
 Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, BSDI, Solaris, HP-UX, IRIX
Version    1.2
Copyright  GNU GPL
Download Source package:
ftp://ftp.obdev.at/pub/Products/Sharity-Light/
Binary packages:
ftp://ftp.obdev.at/pub/Products/Sharity-Light/binaries/

> We used to use something called "smbmount" to mount
> file systems on our Linux servers to PCs.

> Does anyone know of anything like this for Solaris?

Hope that helps

Daniel
(daniel at chromasphere.com) -  e/media