smbfs: directory listing with duplicate entries

Peter Kundrat kundrat at gic.sk
Mon May 31 08:00:52 GMT 1999

Hello,

smbmount from smbfsx-2.04b-1
kernel 2.2.7

I got a little problem with smbfs. Everything works fine, but sometimes
i get doubled directory entries (not all of them). I turned debug on in smbfs
and it looks that the doubled items come from NT server (4.0 server SP5 (PDC)).
Listing from smbclient is fine.

Here is an example from ls -l on smb share:
-rw-rw----   1 root     samba         848 Sep  2  1997 BANKY.DBF
-rw-rw----   1 root     samba         848 Sep  2  1997 BANKY.DBF
-rw-rw----   1 root     samba         835 Oct 27  1997 BANKY.ERR
-rw-rw----   1 root     samba         835 Oct 27  1997 BANKY.ERR
-rw-rw----   1 root     samba         963 Oct 27  1997 BANKY.FXP
-rw-rw----   1 root     samba         963 Oct 27  1997 BANKY.FXP
-rw-rw----   1 root     samba           6 Apr  9  1996 DIR.BBS
-rw-rw----   1 root     samba           6 Apr  9  1996 DIR.BBS

I got tcpdump trace from the session (raw data from tcpdump -w)
http://www.git.sk/~kundrat/smbfs/smb-smbnt-ls.tcpdump (smb-ntnt-ls.tcpdump
is dump from NT server client, smb-smbclnt-ls.tcpdump is dump from the
session with listing from smbclient as a client).

Unsorted ls -sU is in file gic-f.lsu. Kernel log messages with debug info
are in kern1.log (i had to bump up kernel log size to catch it all).

 I hope this helps locate the bug. In case i missed some info or you
need more details i'd be glad to help.

	Regards and thanks,
			kundrat

PS: i am not subscribed so cc: me
PS2: if attaching is preferred to publishing on the web i can email
   all info on request
--
Peter Kundrat
kundrat at general-it.sk