Subject: Samba and Seagate BackupExec

Franck Buland franck.buland at hyperoffice.fr
Mon May 31 08:30:04 GMT 1999

Hi Till,

I tested the credential problem, but in this case the error message is
"Access denied".
I tested 2 main configurations:

Configuration 1:
[global]
security = share
guest account = guest
guest ok = yes
[share]
create mask = 0766
map archive = true
So, I think that there are no credential problems in this configuration

Configuration 2:
[global]
security = server
guest account = guest
guest ok = yes
[share]
create mask = 0766
map archive = true
force user = user
with a Linux account for BackupExec, and for each user.

P.S.: B.U.E. is BackupExec.

In BackupExec, I can see the computer, and the share, but when I want to
see the files in the share, a message box say "A device specific error
occured", and the message "Unable to connect to server, <F5> to retry"
is showed instead of the files.

Any new suggestion are welcomed.