daylight saving time trouble

Urs Rau urs.rau at uk.om.org
Tue Mar 30 18:57:18 GMT 1999

I have a problem I can't quite explain. My samba 1.9.8p10 is
running happily on redhat 5.1.
This weekend we had the start of "British Summer Time" which is
the daylight saving time here in Britain.

My linux server adjusted the time automatically and I was happy.
Also my win95 workstations told me that the time information
had changed. I double checked the time on linux and it reported
the right time and the right timezone saying it was working in
"BST".
Also the workstations seemed to switch to the right time.

BUT when I next used the "net time \\server /set" command the
workstation was set to GMT which happens to be right most of
the year but not during BST.

What can be done about it? Is this a samba time server issue or
is it a win95 client problem?

The win95 workstations have the correct timezone "English
(United Kingdom) - HELP

Urs RAU