More Browsing Issues

Crilly, Jim JCrilly at msa.com
Tue Mar 30 18:27:46 GMT 1999

I don't know if this has been addressed and I missed it or not. But i
noticed that sometimes my samba server does not show up in the browse list
for the workgroup it is in and sometimes not even in the Find Computer
dialog. I noticed it happens most when the user logged into the NT/95
workstation looking for the computer does not have an account on the samba
box with the same username as they are using. Just trying to find the
computer NT tries a couple of times to login to it, and after it fails it
says its not there. This maybe a flaw in the way samba replies to that or
the way NT reads it, I don't know. I just wanted to make sure you were aware
this happened and to ask if a patch will fix the problem(?) anytime soon.

--Jim Crilly JCrilly at msa.com