License Control in Samba - How to control opened files ?

M.Sapsed m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 08:52:46 GMT 1999

Gerald Carter wrote:

> sramirez at dimetronic.es wrote:
> >
> > I want to control the number of access (Open Operations) to a file to
> > implement a License Control.
> >
> > Cold I do this in samba with a option ? For example say that
> > \apli\backup.exe will open only 7 times !!!
>
> You can set a max number of connections per **share** using the max
> connections prameter.

I use this for some things but it would be really neat if you could limit
how many times a file can be opened. Since samba already knows this surely
it wouldn't be too hard to someone to do? But there's the problem isn't it?
I guess it requires one of the coding type people to want it or rate it
high on the priority list. Is it in the wishlist anywhere and if so, how
far down chaps?

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                                Tel: +44 (0)1248 382409
Computing Lab                                Fax: +44 (0)1248 383826
University of Wales, Bangor             m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
North Wales, LL57 2DG
       Unexpected Application Error: (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer.