Problem in Printing with 2.03 / Samba Digest 2028

Axel Neumann amn at cromemco.com
Mon Mar 22 15:31:52 GMT 1999

Xiong wrote:

>I have a problem with printing(2.0.3). I tried printing=sysv, and so on,
but i always get the following errors:
>I can see the printers in the share browse list, but i just can not print.
>I am using SCO openserver 5.

Hi,

very interesting problem description. Maybe you have some incorrect entries
in the smb.conf. Enclosed you will find an extract out of a smb.conf file
that I am using on SCO since OS3 (now OS5.04) and Samba since 1.9.16p11
(now 2.0.3). Of course with some slightly modifications since the first
installation. Please remark that you should use a different
printcap-location if you are using SYSV-printing and you have also added
remote lpr printers. If everything is in /etc/printcap the lpstat command
reports "Bad termcap entry".

Maybe this will help you.

Best regards,

Axel Neumann
Cromemco MPCT GmbH                                                 Tel:
     Int+49 6172 967860
Dietrich-Bonhoeffer-Str. 4
                                                Fax:    Int+49 6172 304519
D-61350 Bad Homburg
                                                    E-Mail:
amn at cromemco.com

[global]
   printing = sysv
   printcap name = /usr/local/samba/lib/printcap
   print command = /usr/bin/lp -c -d%p -onff %s; rm %s
   lpq command = /usr/bin/lpstat -o %p
   load printers = yes
   guest account = pcuser
   workgroup = CROMEMCO
   interfaces = 195.xx.xx.xx/255.255.255.240
   log file = /usr/local/samba/log/log.%m
   nt smb support = no
   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
   share modes = yes
   encrypt passwords = no
   client code page = 850
   character set = iso8859-1