Master browwer issue

Raven raven at Tribe.OnlineToday.Com
Mon Mar 15 21:17:28 GMT 1999

I keep seeing this fight going on in samba-log.nmb, is there a
way to make certain the Linux box remains the master browser
period?  The Linux box is TRIBE the Win95 box is RAVEN:

process_local_master_announce: Server RAVEN at IP 204.181.202.210 is
announcing itself as a local master browser for workgroup WORKGROUP
and we think we are master. Forcing election.

1999/03/14 11:18:31 *****   Samba name server TRIBE has stopped being
a local master browser for workgroup WORKGROUP on subnet 204.181.200.51
*****

1999/03/14 11:18:55 *****   Samba name server TRIBE is now a local
master browser for workgroup WORKGROUP on subnet 204.181.200.51 *****

### end of paste ###

Additionally, If I connect my laptop up to the Linux box I can get to
the 95 box but I cannot see the Linux box at all, the laptop has a
different workgroup than the Linux and 95 boxen.  I can see the laptop's
workgroup from the 95 box and the Linux box but the laptop can only see
the 95 PC not the Linux machine in spite of being able to route through
it.  Any ideas?

setup:

Linux 2.0.34, P166, 32 Megs of RAM (RedHat 5.1), Samba version 1.9.18p5

I set smb.conf os level to 33 (I thought that would help but no dice).