Master browwer issue

Jim Watt jimw at pe-nelson.com
Tue Mar 16 00:40:35 GMT 1999

--On 3/16/99, 8:19 AM +1100 Raven wrote:

} I keep seeing this fight going on in samba-log.nmb, is there a
} way to make certain the Linux box remains the master browser
} period?  The Linux box is TRIBE the Win95 box is RAVEN:

I'll take that one! :-)

There's a configuration parameter under "Network/File and Printer
Sharing for Microsoft Networks/Properties" called "Browse Master".
Set it to "Disabled".  RAVEN will no longer attempt to become
the browse master after you make that change.  It's a Good Idea
to make that change to all Win95 machines that are on the same
numbered network as your Samba machine.

As you might guess, I just went through a browser war here. :-(

Jim
--
Jim Watt                               jimw at PE-Informatics.COM
Perkin-Elmer Corporation               Voice (desk): +1 408 577 2228