DOS app slowdown in multiuser mode

exiof at wallin.dk exiof at wallin.dk
Thu Mar 11 12:16:00 GMT 1999

Hi there, my probleme is to get samba speed up in a stupid
dos app..

The app is a finiancial, like concorde/navigator, i dont know
the word in english..

But it's a multiuser programme that mounts a net drive at the
linux box.. or nw box. When the company were running
Novell 3.12 on a 486 66 mhz, it were working just fine and
stabel and faster than the new 350 mhz machine. Its only
when 2 > machines are working with same case it slows
down.. Dont know why..

I think maby it's some sort of locking or something else..

The clients are Windows 98 systems running 350 mhz PII,
and Lotus Smartsuite no M$ here :-) Just the os, and thats
bad enough...

If you need my conf files then mail me,i dont want to send
them here...

I look forward to here from you about this prob, maby if you
have an alternat solution nfs/mars nwe/maby win nt or novell

---
Exiof @ his 9110, please dont reply with a attachment