I really need help with SAMBA!!

Alex Yu ayu1 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Mar 11 08:01:12 GMT 1999

To Samba Masters,

I spent more than 20 hours and tried to get Samba work along with Winbloz
"NT".  But I failed many many many times.  The speed is very slow.  It
takes more than 2 mins to login and change folder.  If your configuration
is what I need, would you please send me your configuration and tell me how
to speed NT up?

I don't want smb to send clear text passwd, because there might be a chance
that people will sniff my subnet.  BUT I don't want to have 2 seperate
passwds.  I want samba to share /etc/passwd passwords.  All I need is SPEED
and get PASSWORD share working.  PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Best Regards,

Alex Yu
PGP Fingerprint: 1F23 3045 9F92 E856 3967  ACB3 5354 2CC0 7AA7 19FA

"What should you do when you see an
endangered animal that is eating an endangered
plant?"
                                 -- George Carlin