Problems installing ORACLE products for Win95 on a Samba Network Drive.

David Scarlatti Jiménez scarla at bde-sa.es
Wed Mar 10 14:40:49 GMT 1999

We have a server HP9000 , HP-UX 10.20, with SAMBA 1.9.18p10. It works
properly with all except:

When we try to install an ORACLE product (like Designer 2000 or Developer
2000) from a Windows 95 PC on a network drive mounted on the SAMBA 1.9.18p10
the installers says:"OS_ERROR: can not delete directory J:\orawin95"
(J: is de network drive on the SAMBA 1.9.18p10 server). If we mount J: on a
Windows NT network drive there are no problems.
I've talk with de local ORACLE support and they know the problem (have other
reports) but don't have the solution. (They don't support samba based
installations. Workaround: install on NT and then copy to the UNIX server)
¿Does anyone knows about these problem and the solution?
Thanks a lot.

The smb.conf is:
[global]
status = yes
security = user
server string = Samba (%v,%h)
os level = 30
workgroup = BDE
guest account = pcguest
log file = /usr/local/samba/%m.log
lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
allow hosts = 192.0.
socket options = TCP_NODELAY

[pc_files]
        comment = Herramientas PC para compartir
        path = /pc_files
        writeable = yes
create mode = 755
        browseable = yes

David Scarlatti Jiménez

Base Documental de la Empresa S.A.

Tel: +34915334753           Fax: +34915338853

e-mail: scarla at bde-sa.es