NT Workstation "Default" Username and Password

Malcolm McLeary mim at mac.net.au
Sat Mar 6 00:54:13 GMT 1999

Guys,

If I have a Windows NT Workstation and I want to access shares on the
Linux box running SAMBA, but maintain a single username and password,
isn't the basic procedure to create an "account" on the workstation which
is the same as one on the Linux box?

Then after I login on the Workstation shouldn't I be able to simply
double click on the Linux box icon under "Network Neighborhood" and
Windows NT will attempt to get a list of the shares using the username
and password I used for the workstation (this is working for 95).

Presently I get a dialog box saying "Incorrect password or unknown
username" ... if I enter the same username and password again it works.

Any ideas what NT is doing to get it wrong for the first attempt?

Cheers,  Malcolm

                     TDA Systems Engineering Pty Ltd
                           Canberra, Australia
                        http://www.tdasys.com.au/

Malcolm McLeary                                  Phone: +61 2 6251-5270
Systems Engineer                                 Mobile:   0412 636 086
FileMaker Solutions Alliance Member              Email:  mim at mac.net.au

     This message was sent using Claris Emailer 2.0v3 for Macintosh.