PDC logins question

Rodrigo angeldust at mindless.com
Fri Mar 5 23:27:09 GMT 1999

Hi

Today I have  a NT based network with 3 PDC's (NT based) and several win95
clients.
I'm thinking of replacing NT's and the 3 PDC's for 1 Samba - 1 PDC. That
would be a lot easier to manage, especialy user accounts.
My problem is that this 3 domain/network-sites are linked with 64Kbps lines
(frame-relay) and I'm affraid that a user, from one of the two remote
sites, will take very long to login at the Samba PDC.

On of my problems, the printers available and home dirs, I guess I can
solve by using another 2 Samba servers (just for file/print server) at
those remote sites and using login scripts based on the netbios name from
each machine.

So.. what do you think of this network change and do you have any advices
related with this kind of setup?
Btw I'm not pretending to use NIS, just the plain /etc/passwd and a little
script to use "addtosmbpass".

Rodrigo