Problems with samba and FreeBSD 3.x

Eddie Irvine eirvine at tpgi.com.au
Thu Mar 4 11:54:32 GMT 1999

> Now samba seems to run ok (no errors in samba logs) except
> logins do not work either from a win95 machine or directly
> using smbclient. The only error message is in the syslog as
> show below :
>
> smbd: no modules loaded for `samba' service

I too am having trouble with Samba 2.02 and FreeBSD 3.1 stable.

I have an older box FBSD 2.8 and samba 1.9-something on my net as
well - but I want the new one to authenticate Windows95 logons and
provide the logon script.

The old samba has os-level set to 27, the new samba (2.02) has
the OS level set to 37, but the old one seems to want to keep
authenticating. - I can't figure it out.

Eddie.