Force group on create of a file.

Tim Villa - faculties tim at kroner.ecel.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 22 00:36:37 GMT 1999

> Subject: Force group on create of a file.
>
> Is it psoible to use a force group on creation of a file or directory only?
>
> I want to use this to make a more efficient use of unic permissions.
> If I use 'Force Group' then I cannot use the 'other' permission
> rights anymore in unix.

A combination of force group and force create mode would do this nicely
for you I think, ie force the group to whatever it is you want, then add
a "force mode XX4" to give everyone else read access (or XX5 if you want
them to be able to enter directories also).

Tim
--
Tim Villa                 Faculties of Economics & Commerce, Education and Law
Network/Systems Administrator              The University of Western Australia