Samba + Clipper problem!

Joao Alfredo joaoalf at elogica.com.br
Sat Jul 31 20:49:32 GMT 1999

 Hi everyone,

        Here is the problem:

        I have a server running Red Hat 5.2 and Samba-2.0.4 as
file server for
about 20 diskless machines with MSClient boot disks (created with
NT
server SP3). The server shares a dir with a Clipper/DBF database
for
those clients and the EXE file is in a NT machine. For weeks I've
been
trying to put the things together but the clients always break
with
those "oplock break request" error, even when I disable the
"oplocks"
and "kernel oplocks" in the smb.conf. This week I just quit
changing the
smb.conf and tried setting the redirection in the boot disks to
"full",
just a try. Well, for my surprise, the oplock error disappeared
,but two
program modules ,which load 100+ files, don't work anymore! When
it
starts to open the DBF/NTX files the program stops with a "Dos
error 83:
Fail on INT 24H"!!
        The config.sys and autoexec.bat are:

---->config.sys

FILES=200
BUFFERS=80
device=a:\net\ifshlp.sys
lastdrive=f
DEVICE=A:\NET\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=A:\NET\EMM386.EXE NOEMS
DOS=HIGH,UMB

---->autoexec.bat

path=a:\net
a:\net\net initialize
a:\net\netbind.com
a:\net\umb.com
a:\net\tcptsr.exe
a:\net\tinyrfc.exe
a:\net\nmtsr.exe
a:\net\emsbfr.exe
a:\net\net start full
net use E: \\SRV_NT_CT\aplic
net use F: \\SRV_LX_CT\usr
SET CLIPPER=F200
F:
CD ADMED

---

Is there anyone who could help-me with that?!

--
    / João Alfredo              \