Browsing

Ansley, Michael Michael.Ansley at intec.co.za
Thu Jul 29 14:15:24 GMT 1999

Hi,
I'm having a problem with a particular server on my network.  The globals
section is included below, for reference.  Two other servers use exactly the
same globals section.  The other two servers are visible in the browse list
from NT workstation in the domain, however, the third machine will not
appear.

SaMBa version 2.0.5a, the PDC has machine accounts for all the servers, and
smbpasswd -j ran correctly on the errant machine, with output to the effect
that it had joined the domain.

Any ideas...

MikeA

# Global parameters
	workgroup = mydomain
	server string = HP Research & Development Server
	security = domain
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	password server = mypdc
	log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m