Permissions issue

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Jul 27 17:00:50 GMT 1999

Charles Homan wrote:

> Hmm, what I'm trying to do is a little more complicated
> than just "this is the furthest down the tree you can go".
> I want to hide the file names from simple browsing, but
> still have the ability to read the files if I already
> know the names.  Kind of like the hidden attribute, but
> without the ability for a non-owner to ever see the file names.
>
> Can NT do that?

Under NT, "Bypass traverse checking" is a user right assigned
in the "User Manager". I do not remember what the default is.
I also do not remember if this right only affect local file system
access or network shares as well.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter