Novell and smbsh

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Thu Jul 22 19:26:35 GMT 1999

When the world was young, <wilfried at we5x01.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
carved some runes like this:

> until now I am using samba for connecting the NT/Novell people
> to the UNIX world, but now I looked at smbsh and want to add the
> other way, too. I got everything compiled, and see the separate
> NT-workstations under /smb , but not the Novell servers. Is it
> also possible to connect to Novell Netware 4.x Servers this way ?
> If so, how?

AFAIK, smb support won't help you for Novell access.  If you want
to use linux as a Netware client, then you need the ncpfs utilities
(similar to smbfs, but for Netware Core Protocol).  If you want a
linux box to look like a Netware server, then you need to configure
and run mars-nwe (the Netware Emulator).

Steve