Cross Router Browsing

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Tue Jul 20 20:18:33 GMT 1999

When the world was young, Bo Kersey <bo-lists-samba at vircio.com>
carved some runes like this:

> Volker, I think that you misunderstood... I've got WINS running
> on both sides of the router...  I want workgroup A to show up as
> an accessible workgroup on the other side of the subnet..

If you want both workgroups visible in NetHood, shouldn't you only
have one WINS server?  Also, I assume you have both machines
running as local master browsers, but only one domain master, right?

Have you tried using one samba box as the Domain controller?

Maybe you have a large number of clients; have tried butting both
networks in lmhost files on all the machines?

Steve

Stephen L. Arnold                        Senior Systems Engineer
ENSCO Inc.                        email:  arnold.steve at ensco.com
P.O. Box 5488                         www:  http://www.ensco.com
Vandenberg AFB, CA  93437                    voice: 805.606.8838
                                               fax: 805.734.4779
#include <std_disclaimer.h>