MS Word from samba share

Mac dmccann at nibsc.ac.uk
Tue Jul 20 10:46:26 GMT 1999

Hi all,

>According to m$, Word Error 1025 means (but I don't think it will help much)...

: >
: >When you try to start a wizard in Word for Windows, you may receive the
: >following error message:
: >
: >   Error 1025: Cannot open the document
: >
: >CAUSE
: >=====
: >
: >This problem occurs when you are not loading Share in the AUTOEXEC.BAT
: >file.

Which probably _really_ means that something's up with the File Locking
in your system.

You didn't get the File Locking warnng when compiling Samba did you?

                               Mac
          Assistant Systems Adminstrator @nibsc.ac.uk
                        dmccann at nibsc.ac.uk
   Work: +44 1707 654753 x285      Everything else: +44 956 237670 (anytime)