Sum:Cannot login to swat on some versions of Digital Unix (Tru64 Unix)

c.j.bol bol at Axp1.IenD.wau.nl
Fri Jul 16 06:57:45 GMT 1999

Dear list, Paul Crittenden (thanks Paul) came with the following
solution:

Check to see if the C2 security subsets are loaded on the 4.0 and 4.0b
machines.  I couldn't connect on my systems until I removed them.

Paul Crittenden
Computer System Manager
Simpson College
e-mail: crittend at simpson.edu

Y2K?  Why not 3?

The original problem was:

After upgrading  all our machines from 1.9.17p2 to 2.0.4b some versions
of Digital Unix (Osf1, Tru64 Unix) refuse to login the webadmin with the
message: "Authorization failed. Retry?".
Connecting to shares with username/passwd works fine.

Here are the results for the different sambaservers:

Version  BCD/C2   Login
4.0      BCD      No
4.0B     BCD      No
4.0D     C2       Yes