Cannot login to swat on some versions of Digital Unix (Tru64 Unix)

c.j.bol bol at Axp1.IenD.wau.nl
Thu Jul 15 09:20:43 GMT 1999

Dear list, I searched the digests for this problem but could not get an
answer.

The problem is:
After upgrading  all our machines from 1.9.17p2 to 2.0.4b some versions
of Digital Unix (Osf1, Tru64 Unix) refuse to login the webadmin with the
message: "Authorization failed. Retry?".
Connecting to shares with username/passwd works fine.

Here are the results for the different sambaservers:

Version  BCD/C2   Login
-----------------------
4.0      BCD      No
4.0B     BCD      No
4.0D     C2       Yes
4.0E     C2       Yes
4.0F     C2       Yes

Any hints??

C.J.Bol
Mailto:bol at axp1.iend.wau.nl
Department for Information Management and Datacommunication (I&D)
Wageningen University, Dreijenplein 2, 6703 HB  Wageningen
The Netherlands
Phone:+31(0)317-484715   Fax:+31(0)317-485360   http://www.wau.nl