Halfway there...

David Waldock moksy at easynet.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 12:01:41 GMT 1999

WinNT & Samba/Linux (on RedHat 5.2) are now quite happy to chat provided
that the Samba Server isn't expected to allow the NTBox to write anything.
That is: r works, rw doesn't.

I followed the DIAGNOSIS txt file for SAMBA, and everything is fine except
for TEST 10.  I tried setting the security level to SERVER and pointing it
at the NT box with no joy.  The thing is, I can't even SEE the server on the
network, although I can ping it's IP addy, dns doesn't seem to be doing
hostname resolution.  I can see the NT box in the workgroup though:

FYI:
Samba 2.0.4b on RedHat 5.2
WinNT 4.0 SP3
on 10Mbps TP Ethernet Lan.