access denied with Samba 2.0.3 on Solaris 7

Meinolf Droste meinolf.droste at giersch.de
Thu Jul 1 11:52:08 GMT 1999

I have a problem with Samba 2.0.3 on Solaris 7. We use an multi-user
NTrigue Server, based on NT3.5.1, as an application server for running
windows applications on Sun workstations. All workstations are connected
to an NIS-, File- and application server running under Solaris 7, host
name "enterprise". When a UNIX user starts NTrigue the user logs in to
the PDC server based on NT4.0, SP4. On the SUN server I've installed
Samba 2.0.3 to share folders to the UNIX users when they are working on
NT3.5.1. So when a UNIX user wants to see the shared folders he has to
do the following steps:

- login to the local UNIX system with the NIS account
- start NTrigue, login to the PDC domain
- file manager, connect network drive
- select microsoft windows network, hoist enterprise, shared folder

This works fine for the most users, but one user can't login to the
shared folders, When he selects the host name of the SUN server, he
always gets the message "access denied". All UNIX users works on the
same PC, logins to the same PDC and the user profiles were identical.
So what can be the reason for this problem?

Any help would be great

Meinolf Droste

Meinolf Droste
Giersch GmbH