v.1.9 works, v.2.0 don't

Andrew V. Shuvalov andrew at ecsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Sun Jan 31 20:55:23 GMT 1999

Hi West Goewey,
   sp4 supports only encripted passwords. To set-up read the file
ENCRYPTION.txt in samba distribution. Create accounts in /etc/smbpasswd
as described. Don't forget to activate the account!  ( Using smbpasswd
-e username ). Don't forget to have the account nt_mashine_name$. Should
work.
  I suggest to use samba 1.19, not 2.0 because of problems i
described...

Andrew