Win clients cannot see output of lpq

Kirk Patton kirk.patton at amd.com
Mon Jan 25 18:44:39 GMT 1999

Hello,

I have configured a printer under samba, and I cannot seem to get the win clients
to be able to view the printer queue.

Our print system is "lprng" on solaris 2.5.1.
I have added the following to the smb.conf;
 [ppdps1]
    printable = yes
    printing = lprng
    print command = /usr/ucb/lpr  -P%p %s
    lpq command = /usr/ucb/lpq -P%p
    lprm command = /usr/ucb/lprm -P%p %j
   	printer = ppdps1
   	postscript = yes
   	path = /var/spool/lpd/ppdps1

I pointed the modified the lpq command to output to a file to check its result.
more /tmp/lpq.test
ppdps1 is ready and printing

spalinga: active                        [job 737 ultrasrvr115]
        <File name not available        35540 bytes

spalinga: 1st                           [job 199 ultrasrvr115]
        <File name not available        100392 bytes

wootten: 2nd                            [job 825 ultrasrvr115]
        <File name not available        3 bytes

wootten: 3rd                            [job 914 ultrasrvr115]
        <File name not available        261334 bytes

kpatton: 4th                            [job 107 ultrasrvr115]
        <File name not available        35896 bytes

kpatton: 5th                            [job 702 ultrasrvr115]
        <File name not available        35896 bytes

I seem to be getting the output, but the clients are not seeing it.  Does anyone
have any suggestion on what may been wrong or what else I should check.

Thanks,
Kirk

--
Kirk Patton