split file io error (PR#14191)

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Fri Feb 26 17:43:38 GMT 1999

Chad.Campbell at innovision.com wrote:

> Does anyone know what a "split file io error" is?  We're running 2.0 and
> are getting that error intermittently.  It doesn't seem to corrupt
> files, and it always seems to occur in SlickEdit (4.0b).

My guess would be it's a file with more than one fork
(ie. more than one data stream associated with it).

Are you copying from an NTFS partition - this error
should only occur there.

An NT client needs a 'magic' error code to tell it that
the server doesn't support multiple data forks. I think
I put that into 2.0.2.

Hope this helps,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.