FW: Samba Performance

Robert Seese rseese at rrsinfo.com
Mon Feb 22 21:31:15 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Seese
Sent: Monday, February 22, 1999 4:10 PM
To: 'Jeremy Allison'
Subject: RE: Samba Performance

I migrated 49 gig of image data to the server over the weekend.
Unfortunately all of the performance testing I did was from one workstation.
CPU utilization is at 98 to 100 percent at all times with 30 users
connected.
The server has 512 mb of ram 100mb intel nic
HP netraid controler card with (8) 18gig drives in a raid 10 configuration
and 2 mirrored 4 gig drives for the operating system.
The filesystem performance is good 16 seconds to create a 100mb file "dd
if=/dev/zero of=test.foo bs=1024 count =10000"

ifconfig shows no collisions or any other sort of error.
Please let me know if you see anything in the attached smb.conf file that
might be a problem.
Thanks!
Robert Seese