smbumount and df problems

James O'Kane jo2y at jprc.com
Fri Feb 12 23:32:07 GMT 1999

I'm experiencing two problems with the samba package:

After a smbmount command successfully mounts a volume, several hours later
I get I/O problems. When you cd into the dir and do an ls you get an
error. When you df it hangs at the smb mounts.

The other problem is when I try a smbumount as a regular user on a mount
that I mounted as that same user. The error:
You are not allowed to umount /home/jo2y/mnt
smbumount is setuid:
-rwsr-sr-x   1 root     root       243249 Feb 10 17:28 /usr/bin/smbumount

I tried the best I could to search for these problems on the website and
in the mailing archives but no luck.

I freshly compiled these against linux 2.2.1-ac5 and I'm using the samba
2.0.2 source.

What other information do you need?
thanks
-james