Better don't use the binaries for SuSE 6.0

D.Hagedorn D.Hagedorn at ping.de
Mon Feb 8 22:01:27 GMT 1999

In the first place I'd like to thank everyone who discussed the problems I
had when I dated up to Samba 2.0.0.

Then I would give a small hint for anybody who tries to make an update from
Samba 1.9.18 to 2.0.0 on a SuSE Linux 6.0 distribution (probably only valid
for the german one).

I learned that the binaries-package is not really complete and smb would not
work as liked. I couldn't get the machines, I tried with, to serve shares
for WIN95/98. But as I compiled and installed the sourcecode-package
everything works fantastic, even swat.

Internet: Dirk.Hagedorn at wur.de.danzas.com
                d.hagedorn at ping.de private (pref.)
Intranet: dirk at USS_Repulse.UFP