host allow specific for SWAT

Sean E. Millichamp sean at compu-aid.com
Thu Feb 4 15:04:15 GMT 1999

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Daniel Grandjean wrote:

> Is it possible to setup host allow value specific fot SWAT.
>
> The purpose is that not all the Samba client will have access
> to the administration interface.

Daniel,

I don't believe there is a way in smb.comf to specify this.  While I have
not tried it myself, perhaps use TCP Wrappers with SWAT. TCP Wrappers are
available at ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/pub/security/index.html

Also, if your kernel supports firewalling you could add firewalling rules
to block/allow only the IP addresses that you want.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Sean