using valid users and admin users together

Peter Stubbs ps258 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:35:28 GMT 1999

Hi All,

I'm using samba 2.0 on Solaris 5.5.1 with the smb.conf that is included.

I want to allow a user called admin_auto to connect to some shares to
scan them for viruses from an nt workstation. I don't want any other
user to be able to use the shares, and I've made them not browseable.

My problem is that anyone can connect to the share without a password
and use it. They just become admin_auto as though it was a force user
option.

I used users.map to map admin_auto to root, but then everyone who
connected to the share had root access as though I had said force user =
root!

Any ideas?
Please CC me, I'm not on the list.

TIA,
Peter

<-----------------smb.conf-------------------------->
# Global parameters
	workgroup = BLUESTAR
	security = DOMAIN
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	password server = pdc,bdc1,bdc2,bdc3
	hosts equiv = /usr/local/samba/lib/hosts.equiv
	username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map
	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/samba.log
	deadtime = 15
	local master = No
	mangle case = Yes

[export]
	comment = Administrative share for virus checking
	path = /export
	valid users = admin_auto
        admin users = admin_auto
	read only = No