Samba 2.0.0 and Router

tbail at colognere.com tbail at colognere.com
Wed Feb 3 15:35:58 GMT 1999

To:       samba at samba.org
cc:
From:     Thomas Bail/External/CologneRe/GRN @ GRN
Date:     02/03/99 04:35:58 PM
Subject:  Samba 2.0.0 and Router

Hi everyone,

one short question wich is maybe a little bitt off topic. I setup an
internet router with an isdn dialup link to my provider with dynamic IP and
masquarading - so far so good, after that i installed Samba 2.0.0 and
disabled the isdn interface and samba works ok, but if i try to use both
the router and samba i get call to the provider i do not want and samba
does not appear in the browselist of my win98 machine.

Could some one give me some hints to solve this problem (My idea was to
setup a firewall). Unfortunatly i forgot my smb.conf at home so if someone
says he need the smb.conf i will mail it to him.

Thanks alot for every hint

Thomas