Samba on Irix 6.5 / problem on samba browsing

Ramon B. Nemo rbnemo at smtp1.bayantel.com.ph
Wed Dec 22 23:24:03 GMT 1999

>I have installed Samba on Irix 6.5 and I have modified the sample smb
>configuration file as shown below. I am having problem browsing the Samba
>from Windows 95 host, it asks me to supply the //servername/IPC$ password.

Be sure  geoqusl user exist in the /etc/passwd database.
Then either enable passwd encription in samba or disable it in win9x
(read ENCRYPTION.txt, man smbpasswd, man smb.conf).

giulioo at pobox.com

Hi, I have the same problem, with the same prompting message.  I have
synchronized all my username/password and have updated my /etc/passwd database.
Still problem is evident.

I can see my linux box on the network neigh but can't get into it.  Thanks for
the usual support.

Waiting for help.
Mon