Samba 2.0.6 and inetd on Solaris

A. Huber, DT Albert.Huber at dlr.de
Thu Dec 16 15:34:33 GMT 1999

Hallo List,

I changed our Samba-Version from 1.9.18p10 on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine.
The old version worked without problems. The daemons are started via
inetd.
Now with the new Version this has changed:
If smbd is startet via inetd only those machines which are in the same
subnet as the samba box can access the server. Other machines get an
"not available" error message.
When I start smbd as a daemon from command line (smbd -D) then all works
fine.

Any hints are welcome!

Albert Huber

Huber Albert                                     Fax:   +49/8153-28-1448
German Aerospace Research Establishment (DLR)    Phone: +49/8153-28-1360
German Remote Sensing Data Center (DFD-DT)       email: Albert.Huber at dlr.de
Postfach 1116, D-82230 Wessling